Keeping Up with the MacLachlans

Welcome to Amy's blog. Hopefully this will help me stay in touch with my friends and family who live far away. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

We are: Joe MacLachlan and Amy MacLachlan (Sedlezky).

Friday, May 26, 2006

The chilly but fun long weekend





For the Victoria Day long weekend, Joseph and I rented a cabin with Marge and Joe just north of Kingston. It was great! The weather wasn't exactly cooperative, but it didn't stop us from doing all of our favourite activities: eating, watching movies, playing cards and Cranium (I love that game!), having a camp fire, going for walks, and lots of talking. We even set off some fireworks. The cabin wasn't winterized, so the temperature outside was basically what it was inside (although we did have a small heater to plug in), so we were definitely a bit chilly! But all in all, it was a super-fun weekend. I can't wait to go camping in July with the same group of people, plus Greg and Kristan. Who knew camping could be fun for a girly-girl like me?

Anyway, I didn't end up taking too many pictures from the weekend, but I'll post a few that I did take. They are of the cabin (ours is on the right), Marge and the resident dog "Ditch" who had been sprayed by a skunk and didn't smell too pleasant (although it didn't stop Marge from loving that dog anyway!), and a porcupine (!) that was slowly climbing a tree when we went on a short hike. Cute.

Until next time,
A.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog was cute, but he really stank. And he owes me a debt of gratitude for chasing him away from the porcupine who would have given him a face full of quills. You'd think that dog would learn to leave small animals alone.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

My sister's dog Bo just had a pleasent experience with a porcupine... all I can say is ouch!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Joe S. - Sounds like your early forecast was correct :)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home