Keeping Up with the MacLachlans

Welcome to Amy's blog. Hopefully this will help me stay in touch with my friends and family who live far away. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

We are: Joe MacLachlan and Amy MacLachlan (Sedlezky).

Friday, August 11, 2006

The summer so far

Wow. It really has been ages since I've posted anything on this blog. I still don't really have anything very exciting to say. Joe and I have been busy packing, getting ready for our move at the end of August. Can't wait.
I finally meet my "little sister" next week. The process to become a "big sister" has been a long one, and I'm really looking forward to actually starting the relationship.
Joe goes back to school full-time this fall. We figured we'd try to swing it so he can be finished sooner. He's only going to be working part-time, which will be nice, b/c it means we'll get to see each other a bit more.
My parents have moved into their new house and it's super-nice. I love it! I actually spend quite a bit of time there, and always joke with them that they can come live in the apartment and Joe and I will take their house. That never goes over too well. It's nice to have them close by.
The summer has been busy with work, covering conferences and such (meaning more time away from Joe), and going on holiday. In July, we went up to Sault Ste. Marie for a wedding of a friend of Joe's, and to see Joe's family. Wish we could have stayed longer. From there, we went camping the same place we did last year - Restoule Provincial Park, about an hour outside of North Bay. It was fun, but a bit too long and we got rained on - hard!! - for a couple of days which was really quite miserable. (I thought so anyway. The others - Greg, Kristan, Marge and Joe - were able to keep their spirits up a bit better than I, who was entirely ready to pack up and leave after a full day of torrential down pours.) Anyway, we stuck it out, and were rewarded with good food, good swimming, good camp fires, a great view at the summit of our hike, deer-spotting and even a trip into North Bay where I got the most awesome pair of Gap jeans for only $20! That alone made the trip worth it. :)

I still have one week of holidays left, just before we move. Greg and Kristan (Joe's brother and fiance) will be coming down, before heading back to Nunavut for the school year. Should be fun.

I'll end it here, and leave you with some pictures of the summer -- from the wedding, from camping and from Joe's parents' place. Oh, and one from Kristan's cottage. Enjoy.

Until next time,
A.













1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Hey Amy, glad to see a new post. It was great seeing you and Joe (and everyone for that matter) at our wedding. I hope you and Joe had a good time... it appeared that everyone did. As for camping, Heather and I got rained on pretty heavy as well, but we were lucky in that her uncle towed in his trailer for us to stay in, which worked out quite nice. We're looking forward to getting out camping again, but I doubt it will happen this year... far to many things going on. Anywho, take it easy, and we'll talk to you later.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home